Is there such a thing as the right order to putting on makeup? Makeup specialists agree that in order to look beautiful you need to follow certain steps. These steps are purposefully crafted to make you look fabulously beautiful. The whole point of putting on makeup is to look pretty and possibly even younger, right? So if you want to look like a diva and not some smudged horror movie character you need to know the proper order of applying makeup.
Whether you’re a college freshman who wants to look your best on your first day of school or if you’re heading for your very first job interview, this article will surely give you the confidence boost that you need since we will be teaching you the proper order of putting on makeup. A stash of makeup is useless if you don’t know which ones to use first and which ones to put on last. This insightful read will make you look gorgeously beautiful all day long so long as you rigidly follow our makeup order advice.
Assuming you’ve done your skin care routine which involves cleansing, toning and dabbing on sunscreen it’s time for our makeup routine!
- The first step is to use a primer or a moisturizer. Notice that we used “or” and not “and”, which means that you need to choose only one. The reason why you can’t apply both is because a moisturizer regardless of how light it is will always interfere with the main function of a primer. So if you want to use a moisturize then go ahead but make sure you don’t add any primer afterwards.
- If you don’t have a moisturizer then your first step has to be putting on a makeup primer. The whole point of applying a primer is for your finished makeup to last a long time. Most primers come in the form of gels and you can apply it on your face using your bare fingers. Most women put a generous amount of primer on their whole face but you need to pay special attention on areas where makeup comes off quickly like the eyelids, lips, chin and nose. Before you proceed with the next step allow some time for yoru primer to rest maybe around five to ten minutes so your skin can absorb all of it.
- The next step is to put on concealer. You don’t have to put it all over your entire face. Just choose areas where there are obvious blemishes.
- Foundation comes in next. You need to put this on to even out your skin tone but make sure that you go for a foundation that matches your skin type. You don’t want to walk around looking interracial.
- Loose powder is another very important step after your foundation to make sure that everything before it stays in its place. It will also leave your skin smooth and glistening.
- After you’ve done all these steps it is now time to contour. This is when you will add color to your cheeks and your eyes. Your blush should be applied on the apples of your cheeks and you can make these prominent by smiling. For yoru eye shadow go for three different shades; light, medium and dark. The dark shade is for your upper lid, the medium is for your eye’s crease and then the lightest shade is applied just below your brow.
- After you’ve applied your eyeshadow you can now go into more detail putting on eyeliner both on the upper and lower lid.
- Lipstick comes next. There is also a proper sequencing in putting on lipstick. Usually we recommend balm and then liner and then the lipstick and then dab on some gloss.
- After applying your lipstick you can define your brows by using a light colored eye pencil.
This is the proper sequence to putting on makeup straight from the minds of makeup experts as far as I know. If you don’t get the results you’re looking for please don’t blame little old me 😉